College of the Rockies International Student Excellence Scholarships are open to international students attending College of the Rockies and are planning to continue studying in University Studies, Business, Hospitality, Tourism, or other programs as approved by the Awards Committee. Students enrolled in an online only program will also be considered. A maximum of five, $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to successful applicants for tuition. Assessments for awards are considered on academic merit, community involvement, and an evaluation of performance from one of your current instructors.
To compete for a College of the Rockies International Student Scholarship, applicants must:
- Have International Student status (not Permanent Resident or Canadian Resident)
- Have completed at least one semester and are currently enrolled in second semester at COTR
- Have appropriate English and academic prerequisites for chosen program of study
- Student must be currently enrolled full time (minimum 60% course load) and regularly attending and participating in classes
- Student must be physically returning to College of the Rockies in full-time studies (minimum 60% course load) for the 2022-2023 academic year (September to August) to be eligible. On-line students will be considered if the program is available only on-line.
College of the Rockies International Student Scholarships are awarded based upon:
- Minimum 75% average or GPA of 6 and/or minimum of “B” average letter grade from the Fall 2021 semester;
- Decisions are based on marks available at the time of application;
- Student essays:
- Briefly describe your academic and career goals. Why did you choose to study at College of the Rockies?
- Briefly describe your involvement in extra-curricular and/or community activities and initiatives, and what you gained from these experiences.
1. Complete the online Student Application form below.
2. Send an Assessment of Performance Form to one of your instructors to complete and then submit it (either you or your instructor can submit the form) to the Financial Aid and Awards office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assessment of Performance Form (fillable pdf)
3. Submit your application by February 28, 2022.
College of the Rockies notifies recipients of the competition results in April of each year.
Scholarship funds for successful applicants are available upon confirmation of full-time registration at the College of the Rockies in the 2022-23 academic year. The Scholarship offers the successful applicants the award amount, which is directly credited to their tuition account for Fall 2022 only. All other fees must be paid by the student.