The Teck Scholarship offers six, $2,000 scholarships to students entering College of the Rockies in the Heavy Mechanical or Electrician Foundation program in the fall or winter semester. These scholarships will be awarded to two female students, two Ktunaxa Nation members and two other students in either program. Students who wish to apply for this entrance scholarship must meet the following eligibility requirements.
Eligibility To receive the Teck Scholarship applicants must:
• Be a resident of Creston Valley, Columbia Valley, Crowsnest Pass, East Kootenay or Elk Valley areas
• Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
• Be entering full time into the Heavy Mechanical or Electrician Foundation programs at College of the Rockies in the Fall 2022 or Winter 2023 semester
• Submit completed application and submit references by the deadline
Recipients will be chosen by:
• Overall statement responses
•Satisfactory high school grades or assessment results
• Recommended prerequisites including English 12 or Communication 12 and Apprenticeship or Workplace Math 11, Trades Mathematics 11, Principals of Math 11 or 12; Pre-Calculus 11 or 12 and Physics 11 or 12 or equivalents
• One reference letter from a previous instructor, high school counsellor, employer or supervisor that can support your desire to be successful in the program. (References cannot be from a relative.)
1. Complete and submit the online Student Application form before.
2. The statements should be a maximum of 150 words.
3. Submit one sealed reference to the College of the Rockies, Financial Assistance and Awards office by August 31, 2022 for the Fall semester start or January 15, 2023, for the Winter start of Electrician Foundation.
College of the Rockies
Financial Assistance and Awards Office
2700 College Way, Box 8500
Cranbrook, BC V1C 5L7
Email references directly to: email@example.com
College of the Rockies will notify successful recipients of the competition results by September 15 for the Fall semester and by February 1 for the Winter semester.
The Teck Scholarship recipient will be issued a $1000 scholarship onto their student account at College of the Rockies upon registration into either the Heavy Mechanical or Electrician Foundation Programs and the remaining $1,000 after successful completion of the first semester of their program. Funds must be used for tuition first. If all tuition is paid then they may use the balance for books or living costs related to the program.
All other fees must be paid by the student.